This esteemed group of experts discussed the complex role of transportation data in addressing the needs of disadvantaged communities. This included a discussion of how mobility data (from smartphones and mobility providers) can play a role, and where these data sources result in gaps. Speakers shared examples of where collecting better information through virtual community engagement strategies helped to address questions of accessibility.
Panelists: (Click here for Speaker Bios)
- Regina Clewlow, CEO and Founder, Populus
- Warren Logan, Policy Director of Mobility and Inter Agency Relations, City of Oakland
- Juan Matute, Deputy Director, Institute of Transportation Studies at UCLA
- Adonia Lugo, Interim Chair, Teaching Faculty, Antioch University Los Angeles
- Moderator: Mollie Cohen D’Agostino, Policy Director, 3 Revolutions Future Mobility Program, UC Davis